Here it is. The FutureComms 2019 Agenda
From always-on digital distractions to the overwhelming number of communication channels, employees are more disconnected than ever. Desk workers (or “desk-first” workers) are overloaded with emails, getting an average of 121 emails a day. Meanwhile, the intranet isn’t easily accessible for deskless and frontline workers, who make up about 80% of the global workforce.
That’s why we chose “Creating Connected Companies” as the theme for this year’s FutureComms, which will be held on April 24 at Gotham Hall in New York City. We’re expecting a packed house with over 300 communications professionals from the world’s largest companies.
- Bethany Powell James, Vice President, Digital Products & Experience Design, National Geographic: Bethany will share how National Geographic brings stories to life with immersive content.
- Dr. Sahar Yousef & Lucas Miller, Co-Founders of Stoa Partners: This neuroscientist and researcher team will discuss the “dark side” of constant digital connectivity and its impact on workplace productivity and stress.
- Alberto Canal, Vice President, Strategic Communications, Panasonic: In a fireside chat, Alberto will speak about his plans to increase awareness internally around Panasonic’s technology and innovation.
- Gina Clark, Executive Vice President and Chief Communications & Administration Officer, AmerisourceBergen: Gina will discuss how to create a strategic communications team.
- Shiv Singh, Founder & CEO of Savvy Matters: Shiv will talk about how to navigate fake companies, fake leaders, and fake news in the post-trust era and their impact on a connected workforce.
Sessions on topics such as:
- Making IT a Co-Champion for Internal Communications
- Improving Company Culture by Reaching Deskless Workers
- Fueling Growth and Connection: A Framework for Communications Transformation
- Using Recognition to Drive Loyalty
- Several “How We Did It” case studies will offer concrete advice—strategic and tactical—for overcoming challenges when launching a new workforce communications platform.