Last Updated: 05-15-2018
|Collection of Information||Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you create an account with us or sign up to use our Services, participate in any interactive features of the Services, fill out a form, take a product development survey, purchase our Services, apply for a job, communicate with us via third-party social media sites, request customer support or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include your name, email address, phone number, company, role, and any other information you choose to provide.
Information About Your Use of the Services
Automatically Collected Information
When you access or use our Services, we automatically collect information about you, including:
● Log Information: We collect log information about your use of the Services, including the type of browser you use, app version, access times, page viewed, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
● Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information.
● Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We use various technologies to collect information, including cookies and web beacons. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular and count visits. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Services and help deliver cookies, count visits and understand usage. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, please see “Your Choices” below.
|Use of Information||We use the information we collect to provide, maintain, and improve our Services, such as to deliver and customize the Services, administer customers’ accounts, and communicate with customers about our Services and other products or services that may be of interest.
We may also use the information we collect to:
● monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with the Services;
● detect, investigate, and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect the rights and property of SocialChorus and others;
● determine what products you and others might be interested in order to craft solutions to business problems; and
● track communication preferences, so that communications are aligned with your wishes, including requests to not be contacted; and
● combine your information with other information that is available to us, including information from other sources.
● With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
● In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law, regulation or legal process;
● If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of SocialChorus or others;
● In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company;
● Between and among SocialChorus and our current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and other companies under common control and ownership; and
● With your consent or at your direction.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
|Security||SocialChorus takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.|
|We store the information we collect about you for as long as is necessary for the purpose(s) for which we originally collected it. We may retain certain information for legitimate business purposes or as required by law.|
|Transfer of Information to the U.S. and Other Countries||SocialChorus is based in the United States and we process and store information in the U.S. As such, we and our service providers may transfer your information to, or store or access it in, jurisdictions that may not provide equivalent levels of data protection as your home jurisdiction. We will take steps to ensure that your personal data receives an adequate level of protection in the jurisdictions in which we process it. If you are in the European Economic Area, we provide adequate protection for the transfer of personal data to countries outside of the EEA through a series of intercompany agreements based on the Standard Contractual Clauses authorized under EU law. You are entitled to obtain a copy of these agreements by contacting us using the contact information below.|
|Residents of the European Economic Area||If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (“EEA”), you have certain rights and protections under the law regarding the processing of your personal data.
Legal Basis for Processing
If you are a resident of the EEA, when we process your personal data, we will only do so under the following circumstances:
● In order to perform our responsibilities under a contract with our customers, such as by providing the SocialChorus services you requested; or
● We have a legitimate interest in processing your personal data, such as to send you communications about products or services that may interest you.
Data Subject Requests
If you are a resident of the EEA, you have the right to access personal data we hold about you and to ask that your personal data be corrected, erased, or transferred. You may also have the right to object to, or request that we restrict, certain processing. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, you should contact your employer who uses our services. You may also contact us using the contact information below to exercise these rights, but be advised that we generally do not retain the personal data we collect to identify the customer experiences you are eligible to access, and thus will likely not be able to honor your request.
Questions or Complaints
If you are a resident of the EEA and have a concern about our processing of personal data that we are not able to resolve, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the data privacy authority where you reside. For contact details of your local Data Protection Authority, please see Article 29.
|Your Choices||Account Information
You must contact your employer to update, correct or delete the information your employer collects about you using our services. If you are unable to do so, please contact us at the address below.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of the Services.
In the U.S. and other locations outside of the EU:
In the EU:
SocialChorus UK Limited