SocialChorus Announces Second Annual FutureComms Conference for Communications Leaders
Executives from Fortune 500 Brands to Discuss How Innovations in Workforce Communications Are Spearheading Digital Transformation at FutureComms 2018
SAN FRANCISCO — APRIL 4, 2018 – SocialChorus, the leader in modern workforce and employee communications, today announced that it will host its second annual workforce communications conference, FutureComms 2018, on Wednesday, April 18 at the Apella Event Space in New York City. Building upon the success of its inaugural event last year in Chicago, this year’s event will center on the theme of “Communicators in Charge,” bringing together hundreds of communications professionals to discuss the rise of internal and employee communications. Speakers include The New York Times Deputy Managing Editor Cliff Levy, author and NYU Stern Professor of Marketing Scott Galloway, author and founder of Cunningham Collective Andy Cunningham, and leaders from global brands including the American Cancer Society, Bechtel Corporation, Caterpillar, Dow Chemical Company and Vodafone.
“Much like the way technology transformed marketing and HR departments several years ago, communications is on the same trajectory and those who don’t change now will get left behind,” said Greg Shove, founder and executive chairman at SocialChorus. “But one-quarter of communications and HR professionals have no role in selecting the technology they use, according to a survey by SocialChorus. The next generation of communication leaders will be those who can align workers around meaningful business objectives, bring strategic value to their organizations, and use technology to their advantage to deliver a measurable impact.”
As businesses today continue to digitally transform, communication leaders are emerging at the forefront of driving organizational change. From creating new digital experiences to delivering the right message to each employee at the right time, communicators play an increasingly critical role in both employee satisfaction and company success. By bringing together progressive communicators for this full day of discussions, networking, and learning, SocialChorus is arming communication leaders with the skills and knowledge necessary to drive meaningful change in their organizations.
“Companies are embracing digital transformation across every facet of their business and internal communications shouldn’t be any different,” said Sonia Fiorenza, vice president of communications and engagement strategies at SocialChorus. “Yet communicators still don’t have the right tools in place to communicate effectively with an increasingly deskless, mobile and distributed workforce. According to a SocialChorus survey of 330 communications and HR professionals, 71 percent said their employees don’t read email, and 67 percent said their current tools were not very effective for consistently communicating with their entire distributed workforce. As the pace of business accelerates, it is now more critical than ever for companies to be agile and aligned, and communications are making that happen.” `
Featured presentations at FutureComms include:
- Scott Galloway, Author and NYU Stern Professor of Marketing and L2 Founder: Galloway will deliver a keynote on why breaking up the big tech companies will create a more prosperous society for consumers, shareholders, and corporations.
- Erica Lockhart, Chief of Staff to the CEO & Head of Internal Communications & Events, Vodafone: Joined by SocialChorus Co-Founder and Chief Strategy Officer Nicole Alvino for a fireside chat, Lockhart will discuss how she made employee communications a priority in her organization.
- Cliff Levy, The New York Times Deputy Managing Editor: Levy will talk about The New York Times‘ own digital transformation and ‘radical evolution of the newsroom.’
- Andy Cunningham, Author of “Get to Aha!: Discover Your Positioning DNA and Dominate Your Competition”: Cunningham will speak about how what is communicated externally should be consistent with what is known and communicated internally.
- Rebecca Bentley, Global Director of Corporate Communications, The Dow Chemical Company: Bentley will discuss how digitalization is shaping the future of Dow.
- Panels on topics including:
- “How We Proved the Value of Comms to Our Business,” featuring executives from Caterpillar, Love’s Travel Stops, and Westar Energy
- “Embracing a New Way of Working,” featuring executives from American Cancer Society, DentalOne Partners, PVH Corp. and Newell Brands
- “Bringing Predictive Thinking to Comms,” featuring Charlene Wheeless, Principal, VP of Global Corporate Affairs at the Bechtel Corporation
- In addition, SocialChorus will reveal results from its 2018 Communication Effectiveness Survey, as well as unveil new product features aimed at improving workflow for communicators.
As part of its investment in the future of communications, SocialChorus is a proud sponsor of The LAGRANT Foundation whose mission is to increase the number of ethnic minorities in the fields of advertising, marketing, and public relations by providing scholarships, professional development, mentorships and internships to undergraduate and graduate students. In addition to financial support, SocialChorus is sponsoring 20 LAGRANT scholarship recipients to attend FutureComms.
FutureComms is just one-way SocialChorus invests in communicators, providing opportunities to connect with peers, hear from Fortune 500 leaders, and gain deeper skills and expertise that will help them become heroes within their organizations.
The event will conclude with the presentation of customer awards and a networking reception immediately following. Reserve your spot at FutureComms 2018 by registering online today.
SocialChorus is the leading workforce communications platform that transforms how workers and organizations connect every day. With SocialChorus, organizations can connect and align their teams, power organizational initiatives and measure the business outcomes. Designed for every worker from head office to the front line, our mobile-first solution enables the Fortune 500 to deliver on the promise of a more informed, connected and supported workforce. For more information, please visit socialchorus.com.