Top 5 Internal Communications Webinars of 2019
Our monthly webinars cover a variety of topics, from internal communications best practices to the latest research in employee engagement. These events help communicators to do what they do best: Tell great stories and create great content to reach their entire workforce.
We looked back at all our webinars; and the most popular ones say a lot about today’s communications. Internal communications is at a transition point, and communicators are working toward building the digital workplace that will improve the employee experience.
Here are the top five webinars from SocialChorus to inspire you and help you take your comms initiatives to the next level.
One of the primary architects of the New York Times’ transformation to digital and mobile publishing, Cliff Levy, deputy managing editor, has won two Pulitzer prizes. In this webinar with host Greg Shove, founder, SocialChorus, Cliff discusses how to capture your readers’ attention on any type of screen and how to adapt what you publish on the desktop for the smartphone experience.
Watch the recording now to learn:
- How to think like a mobile “native” and compose stories that work on a small screen
- Why you need to put yourself in the shoes of your audience
- How to run “experiments” with your content
- How to get buy-in to transform from executives
Technology offers companies endless possibilities to become more agile and efficient. But with any transformation, opportunities require change. And change is not an easy mode for any organization, its employees, or for the person in charge of explaining the change—the communicator.
Gartner’s Mike Gotta, research VP, presents his latest research on the digital workplace and offers a framework for evaluating and planning what you’ll need now and in the next three-to-four years to connect to every employee, support your communications initiatives, and align your organization to achieve your immediate and future business goals.
In the webinar video, you’ll learn:
- What trends are driving the workforce aspect of digital transformation?
- What technologies are impacting the future of work, and do you know if you need them?
- Who at your organization can benefit from and use the new tools?
- AI? Robots? What does the future of work hold (and when should we start worrying about it)?
Video is the best way to quickly convey information to widely distributed workforces, yet not many bosses use it. And even fewer use it well. Great leaders aren’t using video to communicate because they are afraid to fail, feel intimidated, or are unsure how to use it correctly. Presented by How to Make Video Like a Boss author and SocialChorus founder Greg Shove, this webinar will teach you the three steps to get started quickly, connect with your people, and boost your leadership.
Watch now to learn:
- The data behind video consumption in the enterprise
- Why most video is a waste of time and money
- How to avoid common video mistakes
- The ground rules of good video for employee communications
- Who should make videos and the four things you need to get it right each time
- The video content calendar: content categories, frequency, and style
It happens to all of us. In line at the grocery store, in between meetings, or on the commute home. We have moments of microboredom during which we check our phones.
It’s the communicator’s job to take advantage of those small moments during an employee’s day and fill those moments with engaging content. It has to be relevant, timely, and, above all, compete with consumer apps that are already on your employees’ phones.
In this webinar recording, Jason Anthoine, who is now the managing founder of Audacity and former VP of corporate communications at Newell Brands, shares how you can use those small moments of microboredom to deliver the right content to the right person at the right time.
Watch the recording to learn:
- How Newell Brands connects employees (from HQ to the frontlines) with the mission, vision, values, and purpose of the company
- The importance of allowing employees to tell their stories via innovative technology
- How to produce compelling content that matters to employees across a global workforce
You know that building an informed, connected, and committed workforce is crucial. But will you embrace your important role in the employee experience, which will get you the budget you need to excel?
Watch a webinar recording of our recent conversation with Cindy Crescenzo, founder of Crescenzo Communications, Inc., to discuss what you learned last year, what you’re never doing again, and what you can’t wait to get started this year. And we’ll make some tech and trends predictions for 2019.
- How to implement new experiments, fresh strategies, and lessons based on past mistakes
- What you need to set your team’s goals and make sure they are aligned with your organization’s strategic objectives
- Why you need to become performance insights-driven and embrace data analytics